Re: High-temp paint

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: High-temp paint
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@spitfire.cs.utah.edu>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1999 12:23:07 -0700 (MST)

A lot of the cheap spray on paints have pretty specific instructions
about application and curing the paint before use.  None of them can even
come close to the permanent finish and thermal characteristics that a real
ceramic coating can provide.  So if you just spray on the paint and then drive
away, chances are the stuff will fail almost immediately.  If you meticulously
follow the application instructions, I bet it would last for a good 5 to 10
minutes.

Reminds me, I want to order a new header for the Killer Spit, and get it
coated before the next autocross season starts.  Where's those catalogs....

mjb.