Re: Painting small parts

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Painting small parts
From: "John Lambert" <scriabin@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1999 09:11:38 -0600
First time posting here, hope I don't screw up.

  I've been looking for a reliable high temp. paint for an exhaust, if
possible in a can, as I have found that one standard size aerosol
can will provide two coats coverage to my muffler system.  I found
this out by painting with 1200 and 1500 degree rated paints which
both failed me and flaked off during the first drive test.  I'm not up
to stripping this exhaust down to bare metal too many times more,
but the only promising product I've found so far is sold by the gallon,
and at $100 a pop.  Anyone know of an economical product out there
that will actually endure real world exhaust temps?  I've called
everywhere in town, and all I get is oblivion on the other end of the
line.
  Color options in grey or silver would be real nice too.  :)

--John in Baton Rouge
  64 Sprite Mark II
  68 Karman Ghia
  88 Extended Ford Van (Big Gray)