Re: Torque wrenches

To: Jack W Drews <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Subject: Re: Torque wrenches
From: Andy Poling <andy@globalauctions.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 21:45:16 -0500 (EST)
On Tue, 30 Nov 1999, Jack W Drews wrote:
> I had some direct experience with the torque control program with my
> previous employer. Our research indicated that click type torque
> wrenches of any brand had to be re-calibrated frequently -- and one year
> was 'way outside the window.

One thing I've heard is that you can extend the accuracy by dialing it back
to zero before storing it.  I don't know how much it buys you, but there it
is...

-Andy

72 Pantera - Rocky             91 Miata - Steve                 96 A4Q - Rudolf
80 928 - Phantom             87 E350XL - Andylance             84 RZ350 - Sting