Re: Torque wrenches

To: Jack W Drews <vinttr4@geneseo.net>, shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Torque wrenches
From: "B. Vibert" <blur@ican.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 19:33:57 -0500
One thing about click-type torque wrenches is that they have to be turned back
to zero after use or the spring will be stressed and eventually give erroneous
readings. While they are nice to use they do have their downside. I don't think
they should be used to break loose tight fasteners either.
BTW, mine is a Proto 6016 Professional 30-150 ft-lbs, it is quite nice but did
require repair a couple of years ago so they are not infallible. Oh yeah, it
came back repaired and with an R.H. Precision Calibration sticker
(1-416-741-5467 Toronto) on it, the sticker says it should be calibrated again
after 6 months.

Burl Vibert