Results of Auto Transport Trailer Saga

To: mgs@autox.team.net, mg-t@autox.team.net, shop-talk@autox.team.net,
Subject: Results of Auto Transport Trailer Saga
From: Ronald Olds <tr6@pipeline.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 09:03:13 -0600
I made my trip last weekend to pick up my new latest prize, a 70 MGB. I
used a U-Haul auto transport trailer and it worked great. their trailer is
great and I would recommend it to anyone who needs to move a car.

I do have some advice on renting the trailer from U-haul. They have gotten
as bad as the airlines with their rates. As you remember I was quoted $424
from Wilmington to Chicago which I thought was way out of line so I checked
other locations along my route and this is what I found.

Harrisburg, PA  $198
Toledo, OH      $98
Pittsburgh, PA  $63

Of course I rented from Pittsburgh and picked up the trailer on my way
through there. I didn't tell them I was going on to Wilmington and they
didn't ask if I was going anywhere else. The only thing you have to be
careful of is the number of days they give you for the rental. You need to
make sure you have enough days to complete your trip. Make sure you call
ahead to see that everything is lined up I arrived they were ready and I
was on the road again in 30 minutes. If you do this you will not have any
problems when you arrive. I used their web site to obtain my quotations
which worked great, only problem is they only allow you 3 quotes per day.

Now I have another project to work on, only problem there is going to be
finding time. This is the first B I've owned and I've been driving LBC's
for 30 years. They have never been my favorite since I've always been
partial to Triumphs but I'm wiling to give it a try.

Ron Olds