commercial?

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: commercial?
From: Scott Hall <sch8489@garnet.acns.fsu.edu>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 1999 12:13:17 -0500 (EST)
last night on every t.v. channel I saw were two sears commercials running
almost constantly.  one of them said, in part, "half off all craftsman
tool sets, 7 a.m. to 11 a.m."  so, while beaing dragged to the mall this
morning (at 7-freakin' a.m.--and there were other people there, no less!),
I decided to cruise sears with the s.o. for tools for her brother (she
thinks it might be a fad with him and doesn't want to spring for the good
stuff).  anyhow, we got there, and there was samn near a riot!  it seems
that the store was set upon by all these people who saw the commercial,
but the drones weren't having any of it.  the only tools 50% off were the
ones on a small table, and the sets were _not_ 50% off.

so, I was wondering if anybody on this list happened to notice this
commercial on t.v. last night and/or happen to have caught it on tape?
part of me sees this as the perfect opportunity to steer her to toolshack
and some s-k tools (with perhaps a little something for me), but she has a
point, she shouldn't blow more cash if he never uses the tools.

so, anybody see this, and can confirm it, or tape it and want to give me a
copy?

thanks

scott