Re:

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re:
From: Richard Beels <beels@technologist.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 00:28:48 -0500
Styrofoam.  You want something light and white.  I used old 2x4 ceiling
tiles my neighbor was throwing away.  Put them up with drywall screws and
fender washers.  Grabbed the spray gun and spit a couple crappy coats of
glass white on them.  Then I moved 6 months later.  New garage is still
full of boxes...  ;-)

At 10:52 PM 11/15/99 ,  Vaughn Rockney was inspired to say:

>I'm wrestling with the same problem right now.  I need to put a ceiling in a
>32 x 40 shop with insulation above the ceiling in the rafters.  I've
>considered a drop ceiling, plain plywood, or plywood paneling installed
>backside down.  What I'm really looking for is something that looks like
>ceiling tile, comes in 4 x 8 sheets, is light, fire retardant, costs $10 a
>sheet, and can be nailed and/or glued directly to the bottom of the joists.
>Is there such a material?

Cheers!