Re: RE: remote car starters

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: RE: remote car starters
From: "Tim Mullen" <Tim.Mullen@trw.com>
Date: Sun, 07 Nov 1999 19:59:15 -0800

> I see in the new Northern catalog that they have "remote car starters" for
> sale ($70)   I was wondering, can you use these on diesels?

I've always wondered about those things...   I know that in several states
(maybe all?)
it's illegal to leave a car unattended with it's engine running.  Is it just
one of those laws
that gets ignored until the neighbor kid bumps the shifter and your car rips
through
someone's house????

When I needed to warm up my car in the morning, I just went out, started the
car, picked
up the paper, unplugged the block heater somewhere in there, and went back
inside for
a while...

Tim  Mullen