Re: shop heaters

To: Scott Hall <sch8489@garnet.acns.fsu.edu>, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: shop heaters
From: Bob Hamilton <hamilton@cast.navnet.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 1999 21:22:37 -0400
Scott,

        Yes, I use a wall mounted propane heater that has a totally enclosed
combustion chamber and takes in the combustion air through a wall vent and
exhausts the same way. They are made for cottages and the like - 35,000 BTU
unit.

Regards,
Bob

At 07:20 PM 11/3/1999 -0500, Scott Hall wrote:

>reading about shop heaters brought a question to mind:
>
>I know people put gas heaters in their garage, but how?  I'm looking at
>the gas heaters advertised in the harbor freight catalog (it gets cold
>even in florida) and the price looks right, but a _gas_fired_ heater in
>the same room as gasoline fumes?  do other people do this?
>
>I know someone on this list (in minnesota, istr) just did this and I think
>it was a 'direct vent heater' or something like that.  is this kind not
>able to ignite vapors?  or does some other kind safe for use in a garage?
>and if so, how?
>
>thanks
>
>scott, who'd like to keep warm, but doesn't want to be on fire

Robert (Bob) A.C. Hamilton, Waverley, Nova Scotia, Canada
The Man of Many Sunbeams - Alpine, Drophead and Saloon 1953-1954
REVISED Home Page: www.navnet.net/~hamilton/index.html
NEW REVISED BATANS Home Page: www.batans.ns.ca
E-Mail: hamilton@cast.navnet.net