shop heaters

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: shop heaters
From: Scott Hall <sch8489@garnet.acns.fsu.edu>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 19:20:40 -0500 (EST)
reading about shop heaters brought a question to mind:

I know people put gas heaters in their garage, but how?  I'm looking at
the gas heaters advertised in the harbor freight catalog (it gets cold
even in florida) and the price looks right, but a _gas_fired_ heater in
the same room as gasoline fumes?  do other people do this?

I know someone on this list (in minnesota, istr) just did this and I think
it was a 'direct vent heater' or something like that.  is this kind not
able to ignite vapors?  or does some other kind safe for use in a garage?
and if so, how?

thanks

scott, who'd like to keep warm, but doesn't want to be on fire