Re: Welding a stainless steel tail pipe

To: "Peter Schauss" <schauss@worldnet.att.net>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Welding a stainless steel tail pipe
From: Erik Quackenbush <erik@midwestfilter.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 08:59:00 -0500
Yes it is. If you're making a structural weld in stainless then you really
should use stainless wire and a different shielding gas, but for exhaust
pipes you can get by with ordinary mild steel wire and gas.

-Erik

--
Erik Quackenbush, V.P. Operations, Midwest Filter Corporation
1-847-680-0566 fax: 1-847-680-0832 http://www.midwestfilter.com