RE: siamese compressors

To: Douglas Shook <shook@usc.edu>
Subject: RE: siamese compressors
From: Randall Young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 1999 09:49:17 -0700
I agree with Eric.  If only one compressor runs in this configuration, then
you aren't drawing more air than it can supply.  As soon as you draw more
air than one compressor can supply, the pressure will drop until the other
compressor comes on.  This also very conveniently provides a "soft-start"
circuit, so your wiring doesn't have to carry the starting current of both
compressors at once.

Randall