Re: Abrasive Blaster

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Abrasive Blaster
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 19:13:14 -0400
At 07:29 AM 8/24/99 -0500, Gil Fuqua wrote:

>I am looking for a table-top abrasive blaster cabinet, primarily to clean
>aluminum parts, such as a distributor housing.  I already have a large Tip
>blaster cabinet that I use with glass beads.  It is too aggressive on the
>aluminum and was thinking about using plastic media.
>
>Any thoughts on media and a supplier for a small abrasive cabinet.  Harbor
>Freight has several and would welcome comments or suggestions on the models.

Gil,

  I've had the larger plastic cabnet from HF, the one that cost $119/$129
on sale, for about 3-4 years.  I love it.  It is small enough to be moved
around fairly easily.  I usually take it outside and set it up on my portable
workbench (a Black & Decker workmate with the plywood table top).

The only 2 problems I have with the cabnet are that the suction hose keeps
floating out of the sand, and the vaccumn hose keeps falling off.  I've
fixed that by taking some AL. flashing and cutting a couple of strips and
bending it around these tubes.  Then pop rivited the straps in place.

John

              48 TR1800    65 Morgan 4/4 Series V (B1109)
71 Saab Sonett III (71500840)    75 Bricklin SV1 (0887)    77 Spitfire

Morgan: www.team.net/www/morgan
Bricklin: www.bricklin.org