Re: ir2131 lubing?

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: ir2131 lubing?
From: Richard Beels <beels@technologist.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 1999 00:03:32 -0400
the little zerk fitting is for lubing the hammer mechanism.  it takes
grease-gun grease.  and indeed, you squirt regular air-tool oil in the
intake - or use an in-line oiler.

the lubing directions in the manual are on page 3, left side.  about 2
column inches.  not much, i agree.  CH oil is fine.  i've used Marvel
Myster tool oil and craftsman tool oil (got a quart for a quarter because
the cap was missing).

At 09:57 PM 8/1/99 ,  Scott Hall was inspired to say:
>pour in a little bit daily.  on the 2131, I guess I still pour on the oil
>in the air-intake, but what about anything else?  is this a case for the
>'air tool grease' I hear about?  there is what seems to be a buried zerk
>fitting above the trigger.  maybe I need a needle-type fitting and some
>grease?  after carefully reading the directions and other assorted papers
>in the box, I've found exploded diagrams and instructions on ordering parts
>in three languages, but no lubing direction.
>
>so, other 2131 owners, do I need grease?  anybody want to detail the
>correct procedure for this?  I want this thing to last forever (a good
>possibility, since it will only see seldom use) so be as meticulous as you
>want.  and while I'm on the subject, got a favorite brand, and are they
>even different?  same question for tool oil.  I've always used the $1.99
>cambell-hausfield oil from the hardware store, but if this is a place where
>it actually makes a difference, I should start now.

Cheers!