ir2131 lubing?

To: "'shop-talk@autox.team.net'" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: ir2131 lubing?
From: Scott Hall <sch8489@garnet.acns.fsu.edu>
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 1999 21:57:51 -0400
list,

I finally got around to actually needing the 2131 when the smaller wrench
couldn't cut it.  so I took it out of the box, and looked for an oil port.
 there isn't one.  so how do I lube this thing?  on my other wrench,
there's an allen screw you undo and fill with air-tool oil, and then you
pour in a little bit daily.  on the 2131, I guess I still pour on the oil
in the air-intake, but what about anything else?  is this a case for the
'air tool grease' I hear about?  there is what seems to be a buried zerk
fitting above the trigger.  maybe I need a needle-type fitting and some
grease?  after carefully reading the directions and other assorted papers
in the box, I've found exploded diagrams and instructions on ordering parts
in three languages, but no lubing direction.

so, other 2131 owners, do I need grease?  anybody want to detail the
correct procedure for this?  I want this thing to last forever (a good
possibility, since it will only see seldom use) so be as meticulous as you
want.  and while I'm on the subject, got a favorite brand, and are they
even different?  same question for tool oil.  I've always used the $1.99
cambell-hausfield oil from the hardware store, but if this is a place where
it actually makes a difference, I should start now.

thanks in advance.

scott