Re: Fire Damage

To: "Brian Reynolds" <reynolds@ll.mit.edu>
Subject: Re: Fire Damage
From: cw26@daimlerchrysler.com
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 16:14:32 -0400
I'm not an expert on this but no one else has posted a response.

I was at a junk yard one time and I saw an interesting car that had been burned.
I asked them about it and they told me that I wouldn't want it since all the
sheetmetal would be warped.  After thinking about it, it seems to make sense.
When the sheetmetal is formed it is pressed into shape.  If heat is applied to
the metal, the stresses in the metal will relieve themselves - this causes the
metal to warp.
Chas.

"Brian Reynolds" <reynolds@ll.mit.edu> on 07/20/99 03:36:05 PM

Please respond to "Brian Reynolds" <reynolds@ll.mit.edu>