Re Screw to Win Was: Safety Wire

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re Screw to Win Was: Safety Wire
From: "Tim Mullen" <Tim.Mullen@trw.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 06:44:44 -0700
>>> Roland Wilhelmy <rwil@cts.com> 7/19/1999 6:51:50 PM >>>
>
> Well maybe it is what is informally called "Screw to Win" or
> more correctly: Carroll Smith's Nuts, Bolts, Fasteners and
> Plumbing Handbook published by Motorbooks in 1990
> ISBN 0-87938-406-9 pages 121, 122, 123 and the whole
> chapter on locking devices is helpful.

I'd argue that it's more correct to call it "Screw to Win"  8-)

One of the guys on the Lotus list lives near Carroll, and knows him.
The story is that Carroll called the book Screw to win, but the publisher
changed the title.  When several on the list bought the whole series of
books through Carroll himself, they came autographed, and with a
"Screw to Win" sticker to be placed over the "Nuts, Bolts, and
Fasteners... " title.

Tim Mullen - I still haven't applied the sticker though...