Sears Again

To: "Shop-Talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Sears Again
From: "Tony Clark" <lotus.tony@airmail.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 15:46:01 -0500
Though I am no admirer of John Deere products or the company, they ran a
commercial once that I'll never forget:

Trying to convince people that they should buy lawn tractors from a tractor
store rather than a department store, they filmed this guy trying to buy a
tractor at a Sears-like business.  After several stupid and/or wrong answers
to questions, the clerk finally blurts:  "I JUST TRANSFERRED OVER FROM
CANDY!"    Ever since that commercial, I always  consider that clerks at the
Sears, Sam's or Walmart probably actually DID, just transfer from Candy!

Tony