Craftsman Tools

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Craftsman Tools
From: "Tony Clark" <lotus.tony@airmail.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 13:21:02 -0500
I HAVE to add my favorite Sears story:

Several years ago, Sears sold a batch of screwdrivers with a very different
type of plastic handle . . . After a few day of being sealed up in a
toolbox, the plastic "outgassed" a horrible smell that made you think that
someone had barfed in your screwdriver drawer!  I still have one of them and
years later, I STILL get a whiff of it now and then.  Anyhow, this friend
bought a full set and couldn't stand the stink.  He took them back to Sears
and the clerk just laughed at the idea of returning smelly tools!     The
friend then stuck the sack under the clerks nose and the clerk said: "Okay!,
Okay!,  . . just take any set you like but get those stinking things
outahere!"