Re: Tools.

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tools.
From: Duncan120@aol.com
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 09:06:55 EDT
Maybe it's attitude maybe it's not.
There are a LOT of Sears stores around and many of the employees are like you
and me. Or like my sons and or your daughters. Everyone has good days and
bad. Employees of Sears too.
The attitude of the employees of Sears sores in the inner city is far
different that those in a Suburban Mall. Not better, not worse. Just
different based upon their life experiences.
I have NEVER had a problem exchanging a tool or getting a refund in any Sears
anywhere. I found their quality to be excellent for the price. In my mind
Snap-on is the best, but ... if it's Sunday afternoon and I'm playing with my
car and something breaks, Sears and a replacement is 15 minutes away. I value
that feature because it allows me to complete the task at hand. If I had to
make my living with these tools I would value the man coming out to my place
of business rather than taking time off.
So rather than saying Sears is good or bad, I would rather say it depends on
the individual situation and employee. No employee is perfect, from
management on down, and bad decisions are sometimes made. If too many are
made the customers go elsewhere.

Ron