Re: putting clear coat on Al wheels

To: cw26@daimlerchrysler.com
Subject: Re: putting clear coat on Al wheels
From: Roger Gibbs <rgibbs@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 12:53:07 +0000
cw26@daimlerchrysler.com wrote:

> Okay - I've finished stripping the color and clear coat off of my aluminum
> wheels.  Any thoughts on applying clear coat?  Last night I tried some
>Rustoleum
snip
> Chas.
 You might want to ask a local paint shop for a quote using a high quality
urethane
paint with hardner, you might find the price attractive enough if all they have
to do
is spray.

I recall reading from a painter, who often does high end jobs, that he uses a
turntable to paint rims. Urethane paint requires specific hardners and thinners
and a
shop may be able to use existing stock, instead of you having to buy the
minimum.
Urethane uses a pretty toxic hardner and a paint shop will be equipped with the
breathing apparatus(sp?).

-Roger