Re: Pressure Washers

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Pressure Washers
From: "L Smith" <als26@vol.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 10:17:12 -0700

-

>It sounds to me like the washer you borrowed is either quite over rated, or
>not working up to snuff.  Just as a reference from my personal experience,
>once used a 1000 psi electric washer to clean a wooden floor, and I found
>that I had to keep the nozzle moving all the time or the spray would begin
>to slice into the wood.

I've been lurking on here for a few weeks now and thought I'd join the frey
on this one.

This may be a stupid question but what kind of nozzle are you using on the
spray wand?   Most units I've seen have an adjustable nozzle which allows
the user to select between a dispursed spray to a pin point concentration.
The washer I have also allows for pressure adjustment by a sliding valve
built into the wand.  My expereince with these things has been that when
concentrated into a pinpoint stream, even a light to medium duty pressure
washer can do a wonderous job of paint and or wood removal.  If the nozzle
in the washer you are using is producing a jet of water and its still not
producing the desired result, the pump may not be working properly.

BTW, I'm enjoying the exchange of ideas on this list....thanks for the ideas
and comments!

Amos Smith