Re: Garage Security

To: "Shop-Talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Garage Security
From: "Tony Clark" <lotus.tony@airmail.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 1999 00:44:57 -0500

> I wrote up a multi-part series for the Harley Digest and NJ cycles a while
> back on garage sercurity. Here is part 1.  FWIW, I'm an ex-cop and I hate
> crime!!! 8>)  Some of these tips are motorcycle related, but they may give
> you an idea for something else.

I have a story . . A friend had a cycle shop back in the 60s and I was
visiting him at closing time one night.
He was laboriously feeding a chain thru every bike frame and then he locked
the chain, effectively locking all 15 or 20 bikes together.  I took a look
at the glass doors a few feet from the line of bikes and said:  "That's real
nice of you to make it so easy for a thief, Joe"  He said "Whaduhmean?"  I
say "well, he'll just back thru your glass doors with a truck, hook a winch
to your chain and just reel 'em out the door!"

I'll never forget the look on his face!
:->
Tony