Re: floors(sorry)

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: floors(sorry)
From: dave.williams@chaos.lrk.ar.us (Dave Williams)
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 13:58:00 -0500

-> muriatic acid to etch it, the paint is stating to pop off in large
-> pieces (three to four inch patches) less than two months after
-> painting it.  I only park motorcycles on it, no hot tires, etc.
-> Wheeling around my floor jack even has scraped off the paint.

 The $9/gal Wal-Mart "Porch and Patio" paint I applied in 1992 is still
just fine.  I used gasoline and a broom to clean off the major grease
spots, used the hose and the broom to clean up, and put two coats down
with a roller.

 Maybe I got lucky, but the only problem I've found is that brake fluid
will bubble the paint if I don't wipe it up fairly soon.