Re: working with fiberglass

To: jniolon@uss.com, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: working with fiberglass
From: "R. John Lye" <rjl6n@server1.mail.virginia.edu>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 17:21:50 -0400
At 12:41 PM 4/21/99 -0500, jniolon@uss.com wrote:
>I'm told there is a project called "micro ballons" or "micro blooms" that
>is a fiberglass product that can be mixed with an
>epoxy type primer and either sprayed, brushed or rolled onto a  fiberglass
>surface and then sanded very easily to produce a very smooth surface....

We've used the West Systems epoxies and fillers including the micro-
balloons during the restoration of a Lotus Elan.  I don't know about
mixing them with an epoxy primer, but they mix easily to any desired
consistency with epoxy resin and are light weight and easily sanded.

John Lye
rjl6n@Virginia.edu