Pressure Washers

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Pressure Washers
From: John Miller <johnm@ims.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 09:59:51 -0800 (PST)
I'm looking seriously at buying a larger pressure washer.
Currently I have a .6-1.9 gal/minute 500-1000 psi homeowner
one made by Karcher.  It is about 10 years old and has been
very faithful.  With two houses to paint this summer and grime
to clean off of the decks, roofs, and a long asphalt driveway,
I think that a larger unit would speed up the process considerably,
paying for itself in time saved.

Does anyone have experience with the ~ 3-5 gal/min, 2500-400 psi
units that are available.  They have around 10-15 HP gas motors.
cost is in the $700-2000.

Harbor Freight has an 11 HP Honda powered washer that is rated at
4gal, 3200psi for $849.  Any experinece with this particular one?

TIA
John Miller