SOLVED: Removing Metal Bonded to Glass

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: SOLVED: Removing Metal Bonded to Glass
From: John Miller <johnm@ims.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 09:43:06 -0800 (PST)
Thanks!  Your suggestions worked very well.

A while back I asked the list how best to remove a
metal anchor that was bonded to my cars rear window.

The most common suggestion was to use heat (the type
of glue typically used in that application is not heat
tolerant).  Also, to apply shear force to break it free.
The use of acetone to dissolve the glue was also suggested.

Well I used a hair dryer for about 3-5 minutes and a
crescent wrench to twist (apply shear to) it and it
came right off.  I would have liked to try the acetone,
but didn't have any handy.

So, thanks again, this list is great.

John Miller