Re: Removing Metal Bonded to Glass

To: "John Miller" <johnm@ims.com>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Removing Metal Bonded to Glass
From: "zink" <zink@pdq.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 07:14:56 -0600
I would suggest trying to soften to adhesive with nail polish remover, the
active ingredient is acetone.  The metal is probably adhered with the same
glue as rearview mirrors.  Make a semi circular barrier of wet paper
toweling under the metal and pour the remover directly on the window above
the piece.  Let it soak in for a couple of minutes and take a single edged
razor blade and slide the metal and softened adhesive off.

Larry Zink