RE: removing rust from an engine

To: "'Douglas Shook'" <shook@usc.edu>,
Subject: RE: removing rust from an engine
From: kengano@advant.com (Gano, Ken)
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 23:28:19 -0600
Most automotive machine shops can "hot tank" a block.  It's basically a wash
solution of hot caustic stuff.  The "green" alternative is hot water,
pressure and time.  I've seen some equipment recently that steam cleans and
rinses block over multiple hours.  The one friend who has such a set up
swears by it.

My $0.02

Ken Gano
downstate illinois