re: blue flames and smoking PB Blaster

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: re: blue flames and smoking PB Blaster
From: "Aaron Bergman" <orion15@usa.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 1999 20:26:41 -0600
First of all, Thanks A Lot to all of you who put in your opinions on cheap
tools.  I have really learned a thing or two on this list.  And the best
thing is, it's like having a big group of mechanics and shop people at your
disposal any time of the day.
I have but a few comments on the rounded nut thread.  My father used to be a
distributor for the William K. Westley Co., who are the makers of PB
Blaster.  They also make a lot of other products as well, mainly for
engines.  Their fuel injector cleaner is great.  Their 404 Air Tool
Conditioner is amazing.  It brings back old gummed up air tools back to
working like new.  I could go on with more stories, but I'll refrain.
I definitely think that Blaster is, in my opinion, the best penetrating oil
out there.  It's skunky and makes your clothes stink, but I haven't rounded
over a brake line fitting yet using Blaster.  If it's a 50 year+ rusted
bolt, flood it with Blaster, wait a day, flood it with Blaster, wait a day,
etc.  Give it a couple days and you'll have no trouble getting it off.
Aaron Bergman
http://members.xoom.com/49axial