Re: Garage Headroom for Lift

To: John Napoli <jgn@li.net>
Subject: Re: Garage Headroom for Lift
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 23:05:56 -0500
John Napoli wrote:

> What is the minimum floor-to-ceiling distance for installing a lift for
> car storage?  Are lifts available that could be specified by the height of
> the two cars to be stacked, plus whatever space is required in between for
> the mechanism?

  There are lifts that only require the height of your
two cars. The platform rides up at the level of
the bottom of the car, so that four posts don't have
to be very tall at all.

  The usual "caveat" is whatever the lift mechanism
is. Some have horizontal pistons, so they don't need
any height at all. Others have vertical ones so
they might limit your height, but the ones I looked
at were not too severe.

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca