generator help

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: generator help
From: jniolon@uss.com
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 15:20 -0400 (EDT)

     I'm the proud owner of a 8 kw (military surplus) natural gas fired
     generator.  However I have no manuals.  I know it has a Wisconsin
     16hp twin cylinder engine but thats about all...

     I'm having no problems with it (other than an exhaust manifold that
     soon needs replacing)   but I like to have the books if available.
     It's been painted and prettied up so I have no visible
     military numbers.  Is there a plate hidden somewhere with the
     nomenclature stamped on it ???

     Anyone out there with info/access to data on these units... Someone
     know where to look for plates, id's etc ???   Any useful suggestions
     ???