Re: parts washer special

To: Mike Rambour <mikey@inline-tech.com>
Subject: Re: parts washer special
From: rwil@cts.com (Roland Wilhelmy)
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 1998 22:46:27 GMT
On Tue, 29 Dec 1998 14:06:31 -0800, Mike wrote:

::=20
:: >BTW, has anyone tried welding aluminum with their MIG setup?  I've =
been
:: >trying to use my oxy-act. setup (and failing miserably) to weld some =
Al
:: >scrap.  I believe I should be able to weld it with my mig (SP125+) if=
 I get
:: >the Al conversion kit and 100% argon, but I'm under the impression =
that it
:: >won't work very well unless I get a spool gun ($$$$).
:: >
::   Funny how this list always follows what I am doing and is always =
timely
:: with information.  I have finally started working on the body of my =
car and
:: its pretty flimsy aluminum that is also 65 years old.  I have a lot of
:: cracks/rips in the body that I need to fix and I also have the SP125+ =
welder. =20
::=20
::  Any suggestions or ideas on fixing the rips and filling holes in the
:: aluminum body will be greatly appreciated.  I have a oxy/act torch and=
 the
:: mig but I have never tried welding aluminum before and this is pretty =
thin
:: stuff.
::=20
::      mike

Try www.tinmantech.com
Kent White offers flux, lenses, videos, classes in (among other
things) gas welding of aluminum.  His videos on repairing  a
thoroughly thrashed Cobra front clip and a bashed in nose of an RSK
Spyder are inspirational and instructional -- I think.  If you gotta
have just one, then the How to Gas Weld Aluminum is the one.

No financial connection.  Just a happy customer.

-Roland