Re: parts washer special

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: parts washer special
From: Mike Rambour <mikey@inline-tech.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 1998 14:06:31 -0800
>BTW, has anyone tried welding aluminum with their MIG setup?  I've been
>trying to use my oxy-act. setup (and failing miserably) to weld some Al
>scrap.  I believe I should be able to weld it with my mig (SP125+) if I get
>the Al conversion kit and 100% argon, but I'm under the impression that it
>won't work very well unless I get a spool gun ($$$$).

  Funny how this list always follows what I am doing and is always timely
with information.  I have finally started working on the body of my car and
its pretty flimsy aluminum that is also 65 years old.  I have a lot of
cracks/rips in the body that I need to fix and I also have the SP125+ welder.

 Any suggestions or ideas on fixing the rips and filling holes in the
aluminum body will be greatly appreciated.  I have a oxy/act torch and the
mig but I have never tried welding aluminum before and this is pretty thin
stuff.

        mike