Home Depot Shopping trip

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Home Depot Shopping trip
From: Eric J Petrevich/LRM<inchman@prolog.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 22:39:43 -0500
Well, I did another shopping spree this time to Home Depot.  Here is my
report...

I was mostly going to out fix my wood shop with some sanders, jigsaw, and
other small items.

First was the in store demo.  All the tools are set up in the store and
they will show you how each one works.  In my case, I'm friends with the
tool pen guy, so I was able to use them right there.  This is a great
service IMHO.

The Rigid jigsaw ($169)-  I am VERY impressed with this saw.  I've had 2
other jigsaws that I never really liked.  Had I not been able to use it in
the store, I most likely would not have bought another one.  However the
quality of the unit is outstanding. Neat feature is a little tray for extra
blades under the table.

Delta 4" disc and 4"belt sander($119).  The quality isn't as nice as the
Rigid, but I have a Delta Miter saw and I love it.  The sander is pretty
good.  For the money, I really like it.

Drum sanders for drill press ($??)  This is a great idea.  a drum sander is
one of those things I don't need enough to want to take up the shop space
with, but this is a little kit that you put in your drill press and you can
sand away.  This is a must have if you don't do ALOT of wood working.

Both have hook ups for dust collectors, but they are the different sizes.

Which brings me to my question.  I know they was talk a while back about
dust collection units.  But since I didn't have the shop set up to do wood
(and now I do) I am definitely needed one.  (my shop looks like Mt.
St.Helens aftermath from the couple of holiday presents I belted out over
the weekend)

Is the Home depot a place to get these at?  What about the swing that only
turns the vac on when a unit is being used?
Note, I plan to set up the shop so all the wood working equipment is
altogether so I don't need to go great distances with the vac.  TIA for the
answers.

Hope this report helps others.

Inch
inch@megageek.com