Re: Floor Jacks

To: "Richard Beels" <beels@technologist.com>, <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Floor Jacks
From: "Steve Hammatt" <shammatt@sos.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 18:33:31 -0800
Richard, as I mentioned they do have the ball-bearing models in stock here
in the
NW.  I had a chance to look again and they've done away with the 3-across
small drawers
on the top two rows of the upper cabinet; apparently as a cost-cutting
measure to compensate
for the increased cost of the ball-bearing slides.  Instead of the 6 small
drawers, they have just
two larger, full-width drawers.  The cost here is same as last year, $599.

I saw the Lincoln floor jack.  Looked good! and yes they were 'merican and
well built but
I got a kick when I noticed they were stocked next to an import (China?) 3
ton floor jack for
around $60-70!!
I'd still go with the Lincoln if I was in the market for one.
Steve