Re: Troubling Trouble light

To: Bob Bachman <bobach@voyager.net>
Subject: Re: Troubling Trouble light
From: Mike Frerichs <maf@radiks.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 17:51:28 -0600
I see there have been several replies already, but I love my fluorescent
trouble light so much that I've got to put in my two cents worth.  Even
with the rough service bulbs, I used to go through two or three per
year.  Then  about 10 years ago I bought one of the fluorescents and
have never regretted it.  Picked mine up at NAPA.  It has been dropped
and banged many times and still has the original tube in it.  Due to a
protective plastic tube, it only gets warm to the touch, and mine has no
transformer hum like someone else mentioned.  I did, however, have to
duct tape the plastic transformer box closed after about the thirtieth
time that it hit the ground.  All in all it has been very cost effective
for me in the long run and I highly recommend them.