Re: Milling machines

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Milling machines
From: Roger Korn <rkorn@europa.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 1998 06:50:23 -0800

RknRolls@aol.com wrote:

> Hello to all you folks in tool land.
> I'm looking to purchase a table top milling machine. So far I have come up
> with Harbor Freight, Grizzly and Enco. Have any of you tool Guru's had any
> experience with any of these machines??? In the photos they all appear to be
> manufactured by the same China Tool Maker. Any suggestions???
> D.C.

Probably HF for the price or Grizzly for the after-sale service and support. I
haven't used their mills, but the Grizzly tools I've bought so far (table saw,
shaper, dovetail jig, lathe, and jointer have been great. Sometimes a bit of
set-up alignment and tweaking has been required, but nothing drastic. The
castings are fairly well finished, but the ground surfaces have been incredibly
flat and stayed that way over the years.

yr mileage may vary

Roger