Re: digital cameras

To: "Mordecai Dunst"<mdunst@smtplink.coh.org>
Subject: Re: digital cameras
From: Bob Hamilton <hamilton@cast.navnet.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1998 22:48:44 -0400
Mordy,

        I bought a Casio ~$300.00 earlier this year and it was fine for just
sending a small, fair quality picture but recently replaced it with a
Fujifilm MX-700 which is in the $1,000.00 bracket. This gives a much better
resolution in a 640X480 size (with a capability of a 1040X1280) AND
produces them directly in JPEG format. Images are stored on a "SmartMedia"
very small 2 meg, removable card which can be placed in a Floppy Disk
Adapter (included with the camera) and D/L directly to the computer in your
3.5" floppy drive. These 2 meg cards can hold 22 small images or about 12
large 1040X1280 images and can also be purchased in larger capacities up to
20 megs I believe. This FDA can also be used to store up to 20 Megs of any
type of regular computer files as well. It also has a built in flash and a
macro mode as well.

        There are more expensive cameras available but for my purposes, this one
suits me fine. Other manufacturers like Kodak also have cameras in this
price range. I would shy away from the entry level ones. FWIW.

Later,
Bob

At 11:17 AM 11/13/98 -0800, you wrote:

>     -A little out of the realm of this list:
>
>     Any experience with digital Cameras? Basically, looking for simple yet
>     good quality digital camera for quick pictures and electronic
>     transmittal or archive.....zoom and macro capability?
>
>     Mordy

Robert (Bob) A.C. Hamilton, Waverley, Nova Scotia, Canada
The Man of Many Sunbeams - Alpine, Drophead and Saloon 1953-1954
Home Page: http://www.navnet.net/~hamilton/index.html - REVISED!!!
E-Mail: hamilton@navnet.net