Re: auto dimming welding helmet

To: Phil.Deushane@consultantalliance.com (Phil Deushane)
Subject: Re: auto dimming welding helmet
From: rwil@cts.com (Roland Wilhelmy)
Date: Sun, 01 Nov 1998 01:40:12 GMT
This topic was covered in sci.engr.joining.welding group very
exhaustively.  A search on deja news should retrieve the whole thing.
To summarize my impression:  the auto dimming systems work well and
are safe.  If you choose the high quality ones you can weld all day
every day and have no problems.  The slowest, cheapest ones may cause
some eyestrain, but all of the auto darkening masks I know about
filter UV  100% of the time and the darkening process is just to
reduce the visible spectrum flare.   YMMV, of course.

-Roland
who uses an auto darkening mask