Re: Tire mounting equipment

To: Ken Landaiche <ken.landaiche@dlcc.com>
Subject: Re: Tire mounting equipment
From: Chris Heerschap <Heerschap@eng.kns.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 16:18:48 -0400
Ken Landaiche wrote:
> I have heard of changing tires without any special equipment (OK, except
> for a jack, stands, and wrench). I did it for the small wheel on my yard
> wheelbarrow, which was harder than for a bicycle. But it makes me think
> that automotive tires are at least possible.

No, no!  I don't mean changing them, I do that now.  I mean mounting
and dismounting tires from wheels, like a tire shop would do.  I'm
wondering if it's possible to be able to do that myself without a
major investment in shop grade equipment.

cmh
--
Chris Heerschap          mailto:heerschap@eng.kns.com
UNIX Systems Mutilator   (215) 784-6048