Tire mounting equipment

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Tire mounting equipment
From: Chris Heerschap <Heerschap@eng.kns.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 11:04:48 -0400
Hey all-

I've got a question.  Do any of you have tire mounting equipment in
your home shops?  I've thought a couple times lately how nice it would
be to be able to unmount and mount tires easily.  I've seen Harbor
Frieght has a manual changer for not too much, but I don't know if it
would actually work that well.

        http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/taf/DisplayItem.taf?ItemNumber=34542

I know another option is to find used stuff from garages and so forth,
but I figure those would still be rather expensive.

I also realize that this tire changer wouldn't do anything for
balancing.  Right now I'm just thinking about having the capability to
change the tires.

Part of the problem is I'm not dealing with steel wheels most of the
time... usually it's aluminum wheels.

Just looking for some opinions on the subject.

cmh
--
Chris Heerschap          mailto:heerschap@eng.kns.com
UNIX Systems Mutilator   (215) 784-6048