Re: 4-Post Lifts (was Extra jack lifting height)

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: 4-Post Lifts (was Extra jack lifting height)
From: Bill Rabel <brabel@dlux.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 1998 08:34:55 +0000

> > speaking of Rotary lifts, yes I have tried to get a quote :) forget it

Peter Schauss responded:

> I checked them out when I was looking at lifts.  Their local rep
> contacted me, but I had already decided on the Cytech model.

I had an opportunity to check out a number of 4-post lifts at the
Barrett-Jackson Auction in Scottsdale (I've attended three or four years
now). The Cytech and Autolifters units are nearly identical in most
respects. The Backyard Buddy is definitely a step down (for example,
horizontaals ride the posts externally with grease, rather than internal
with teflon. I think I also saw the Rotary lifts there, and they were
30-50% higher in cost. As a result, Rotary was emphasizing a completely
different unit, for which there were no competing units to compare.

- Bill