Re: Inspection lights

To: "Gano, Ken" <kengano@advant.com>
Subject: Re: Inspection lights
From: Michael Ferguson <fergie@ntplx.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 1998 13:14:01 -0700
Gano, Ken wrote:

> I purchased an inspection light from Sears some time ago.  It's a very
> small blub on a bendable stalk.  The batteries are housed in the
> handle.  I find it to be very handy, but the quality of this particular
> one is quite low.  (snap together plastic parts, etc.) and I have
> troulbe keeping it working.  Can anyone suggest a source for a similar
> light of a better quality?  I'm really tried of stopping to fix it every
> time I want to use it.
>
> Ken Gano
> kengano@advant.com

Don't use mine very often, but have never had a problem making it work.
It's made by Zelco, Mt Vernon, NY, Model #90003. It's about 1 1/2"W x
3"L x 1/2" thick and has a 9" flexible rod that comes out of one end -
has a small head on the end that twists to go from spot to flood. On-off
switch is on the body of the light. Has a pocket clip so you can put it
in your shirt pocket and bend the flex arm where you need light. When
not in use, the flex arm wraps around the unit and snaps into a clip
that's molded into the body of the thing. My bro-in-law uses his for
night fishing and swears by it. Takes two AAA batts.

No idea where to find one - mine was a gift. I'd imagine a place like
Brookstone, Eddie Bauer or LL Bean would have them or similar quality.

Good luck, Ken.

Michael Ferguson
Vernon CT