Re: Engine cranes

To: "Jim Van Hooser" <jvanho01@tir.com>,
Subject: Re: Engine cranes
From: "Steve Hammatt" <shammatt@sos.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 21:07:45 -0700

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Van Hooser <jvanho01@tir.com>
snip
>Speaking of engine stands, what are the recommendations for a good quality
>engine stand.  Does Northern sell one that is worth the money.

snip
Jim
I just purchased a 4-caster, 1000 lb. unit on Saturday.  I now have my
1940s HAL DOHC racing engine on it <G>.  It's OK, I'd never even try to
use the 750 lb. units available (on sale here at a regional auto parts
house for $30 (normally $40).  I spent $50 for this one, took about
10 minutes to read and assemble.  If I was working with a heavier
engine or had the bucks, I'd have gone with the 2000 lb. unit that
Harbor Freight sells, looks like the same manufacturer as mine, but
much better bracing.
http://www.harborfreight.com

Good luck!
Steve