Re: Engine cranes

To: "Peter J. Thomas" <pjthomas@ntplx.net>
Subject: Re: Engine cranes
From: Jim Van Hooser <jvanho01@tir.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 22:37:57 -0400
Speaking of engine stands, what are the recommendations for a good quality
engine stand.  Does Northern sell one that is worth the money.

At 03:31 PM 8/10/98 -0400, you wrote:

>Peter Schauss x 2014 wrote:
>
>> I am going to be needing an engine crane to remove the engine
>> from my Healey.  My questions:
>>
>> 1.  Should I buy or rent?
>>
>> 2.  If buying, are there any recommendations on brands/models/features it
>> should have?
>>

>Rent, you will also need a truck.  Or buy a come-along and build a triod, you
>can used the extra money to buy an engine stand.
>
>Peter Thomas

Jim V.
1932 Chevrolet Roadster (In paint stage - frame off restoration)
1938 Oldsmobile Business Coupe (Waiting its turn)
1939 LaSalle Sedan (Found and will purchase shortly)
1950 Pontiac Silver Streak Eight Sedan (Daily driver)
1958 GMC Suburban Carrier (Found and purchased - needs restoring)
1968 Buick GS400 Convertible (In progress)