Izuzu starter...the final story.

To: "Vintage race (E-mail)" <vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net>,
Subject: Izuzu starter...the final story.
From: "Gerald Brazil" <gerrybraz@voyager.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 19:21:52 -0400
That earlier model Izuzu starter does fit but it still takes a little sheet
metal adjustment.  The edge of the motor case just interferes with the edge
of the foot well. A little heat and few whacks with a medium sized hammer to
put a half-moon dimple in the seam and you have enough clearance. It turns
the engine over like stink. In fact, it is so fast that I am thinking of
using the starter like a passing gear.

This part of my project went well. The other part will be the subject of a
new thread which is sure to generate even more heat than the starter one.
Watch for it.