Re: Cleaning Shop Rags

To: nogera@juno.com
Subject: Re: Cleaning Shop Rags
From: David Scheidt <david@math.earlham.edu>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 11:38:22 -0500 (EST)
On Tue, 21 Jul 1998 nogera@juno.com wrote:

> I bought some of those red shop rags. I know that the suppliers to shops
> wash and reuse them, but everytime I try to wash them they come out
> looking dirty.

I generally do two things. 1)  I leave them sit outside to be rained on.
This gets a rag clean enough to mop up oil or  put dirty parts on.  2)
Buy new rags.  I have found that soaking in a solution of something like
Biz bleach for a week or three will get the grease out, but it too much of
a pain.  If I were going through 3000 rags a month, I might change my
mind.

David Scheidt

--------
David_Scheidt@math.earlham.edu

yip yip yip yap yap yak yap yip *BANG*  -- no terrier