RE: Parts washer solvent comparisons

To: "'Douglas Shook'" <dshook@usc.edu>, Shop Talk <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Parts washer solvent comparisons
From: Ken Landaiche <ken_landaiche@dlcc.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 1998 10:41:12 -0700
How does one dispose of Agitene when it has died? Can it be flushed down
the drain? On the one hand, that would be the ultimate in convenience,
and if true, a very ecological product. On the other hand, Agitene
probably picks up all kinds of toxins as it cleans and must be disposed
of in some official way. Does anyone know?

Regarding filters for parts washers, I took someone's suggestion and got
a remote oil filter bracket and assorted brass fittings and added it to
the Harbor Freight washer I recently bought. It looks good but a
vacation intervened before I got a chance to actually use it.

Ken Landaiche