Re: Air Compressor HP?

To: rgibbs@pacbell.net
Subject: Re: Air Compressor HP?
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Sun, 05 Jul 1998 03:45:30 -0400
Roger Gibbs wrote:
> I think that if you bought any air compressor you will be pleased with the
>purchase and not
> likely to "kick yourself" in any case.

  Hehehe... I really love tools so you have a point.

> Quality spray guns tend to use LOTS of air.

  Would HVLP guns use less air? I am planning to use HVLP guns so
that I can paint in my garage without having to evacuate the whole
place including two other cars.

  I may be off base here, but I am under the impression that with
HVLP it would suffice to just cover everything else and the overspray
on my walls and MG posters would be tolerable.

> Random, palm sander: marginal - poor; runs out of air after about 30 seconds
>of sanding.
> It is a pain to wait for the compressor to "catch up".

  Does the random palm sander have a great advantage over
the electric ones? I have a dual action electric sander that
I am rather fond of because the dust collection in it works
quite well with the shopvac.

--
Trevor Boicey, Ottawa, Canada.
tboicey@brit.ca, http://www.brit.ca/~tboicey/